Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mom's Still Sick

Today is Sunday, and today Mom didn't go to church because she is still sick. She's finally going to see the doctor tomorrow thank goodness! After having strep throat for about a week she broke out into hives and she's had to stay in bed. But other than that today was really tiring. I think it had something to do with the stake dance last night. It was really fun! -Except I was trying to do a spin and lift with my friend during a swing song and my skirt went up a little high in front of a kid in my Orchestra class.- ANYWAY! I only danced a couple slow songs, but they didn't count because two were with my friend Tony because he was trying to avoid another girl, and the other one was with a wierd guy in my Ballroom Dance class who doesn't know about this little thing we call DEODERENT!! But ya know he did know how to waltz so that scored him a few points. Anyway I have stuff due for school tomorrow (I gotta finish reading The Scarlet Letter, which is by the way a great book so far.) so I gotta go. TTFN!

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm glad you had a good time at Coleen's on Friday night. She was looking forward to being with you. The Stake Dance sounds like a few I went to when I was a teenager. They had them every week back then. About a block away from the church was a 31 flavors ice cream store and I think I spent more time at the ice cream store than I did at the dance. In fact when your grandpa would come up to me to want to dance, I would slip out the door with some friends for ice cream. He always had gum in his mouth and I hated it. Anyway, I will enjoy your blog. Love, Grandma

Coleen said...

How fun! I think the slow dances still count. I miss dances (sometimes!) I never went at your age, but I'm sure I've told you about the YSA dances when I was in Washington. Seriously? Good times. After about the first 2 dances, I learned that boys are silly, and you need to just go ask them sometimes :-) (in my case...all the time!) I also had to remind myself that asking them to dance did NOT mean that I wanted to marry them, hehe. It just meant that I wanted to have some fun!

Thanks for posting again!!

Johnny and Becca said...

Courtney! I love ya!!! I hope you're having fun in those ballroom classes! :p I'm sorry your mom got sick!

britentj said...

I agree with coco, the slow dances still count,, however, I may give you the deoderant one! LOL Sorry your mom has been sick. I have been sick too, since the eastern washington game,, right now I am fighting the flu. Just for the record, Mom's hate getting sick!