Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Orchestra Concert

So, yesterday was our (Riverton City Orchestra) Veteran's Day concert and I didn't know about it until an hour before call time. Liz picked me up and we played our usual Patriotic program but I still felt really unprepared because I haven't played those songs since last summer. (We got the music for the concert last week, and that was the week I skipped practice because hey, I wasn't gonna go on my birthday!) All in all though it was a really good concert and the speaker was really good too. In fact, I think he was the first speaker at our patriotic concerts that didn't put me to sleep. One thing from his talk that really has stayed in my mind is he said that while many of us find it hard to agree with our present circumstance of war, if we are to succeed in our cause we must unite spiritually and allow God to help those who are defending freedom in the name of the United States. It was really cool to feel the spirit in a Patriotic setting and realize the thin line that divides country and church.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

I'm still amazed at the things that you learn and pay attention to at your age. I never paid attention to any of that stuff. I was such a slacker, hehe.

Johnny and Becca said...

Wow, Courtney, you amaze me... I can't do that. My mind is so far away that I want it back. I love ya....

Becca

trevor said...

i had one on tuday